Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Our vision for the organization and museum is to inspire a sense of place and history by discovering, collecting, preserving, and interpreting the Swan Valley's historical and cultural heritage.
To achieve this vision:
1) Our organization and museum will be a welcoming place where people are drawn together to share their passion and interest in the history of the Swan Valley region of Western Montana.
2) Our organization and museum will focus primarily on the local history of the Swan Valley region for public benefit and enjoyment while maintaining connections to surrounding communities and Montana.
3) Our organization and museum will strive for sustainable facilities while retaining its traditional character.
4) Our organization and museum will create and maintain educational and research opportunities as well as exhibits pertaining to the history of the Swan Valley.
5) Our organization and museum will create permanent and enduring archives to preserve historical records and artifacts and, to the extent possible, make them available to the interested public.
6) Our organization and museum will strive to provide staff and a volunteer corps that is creative, enthusiastic, and supportive of each other, the mission, and the community.
7) Our organization and museum believes in, and will participate in, open strategic partnerships.
USVHS Board of Directors
Katie Matthew Gleason
Steve Lamar – President
Neil Meyer – Vice-President
Katharine (Cookie) Beers – Treasurer
Fern Kauffman – Secretary & Archivist
Horton B. "Tony" Koessler
Henry Pennypacker Jr.
Program Coordinator & Newsletter Editor
Valley Bookkeeping & Tax Service